Our aim is to contribute to the development of the jewellery industry in Barbados through training in design and traditional and contemporary wire and metal working techniques, taught by well trained, certified and award winning instructors with a combination of over 30 years of jewellery manufacturing experience.
Classes are taught at or well equipped studio located at Pelican Craft Centre in Bridgetown. We offer 3hour to longer 4week classes, including modules such as:
• Metalsmithing 101
• Metal Etching
• Stone Setting
• Wire Weaving
Our membership programme is opened to our past and current students. Members contribute an annual fee of $50.00 which goes towards the general maintenance and repair of tools and equipment. The programme offers numerous benefits to members including:
• Rental of studio space with access to tools and equipment
• Discounts on classes
• Free studio time in some instances
• Bulk purchasing of tools and supplies to take advantage of supplier volume discounts
• Free consultation when setting up your own studio or work area
• Marketing and sale of members’ work at our Pelican Craft Centre Gallery
To register for a class, enter your contact information below.